You are here
1.8.4 Privacy Within PMKeyS
The personal information contained within PMKeyS is subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) which states unacceptable disclosure of personal information contained in personal records is an offence. Information collected by PMKeyS users must be directly related to the duties of the collector and all care must be taken to ensure the accuracy of the information. All personnel involved in the accessing and processing of PMKeyS data should be aware that they are subject to the Information Privacy Principles (IPPs) contained in the Principles of the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth).
These principles are designed to ensure that information is:
- Only collected for lawful purposes.
- Is maintained to ensure accuracy.
- Is held under reasonable safeguards to ensure individuals' privacy.
This means the PMKeyS user must:
- Not access personnel records unless they are directly related to the function(s) in which he/she is currently engaged.
- Take all due care to ensure that unauthorised access to personnel records does not take place.
- Not disclose an individual's personal information to any outside party. All access to data must be maintained strictly on a 'need to know' basis.
- Not share their operator ID and password with other persons.