You are here
VVCS/Veterans and Veterans Families Counselling Service
The VVCS – Veterans and Veterans Families Counselling Service provides counselling and group programs to Australian veterans and peacekeepers and their families. It is a specialised, free and confidential Australia-wide service.
VVCS staff are professionally qualified psychologists or social workers with experience in working with veterans and peacekeepers and their families. They can provide a wide range of programs and treatments for war and service-related mental health conditions including post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
The following people can use VVCS:
- Australian veterans of all conflicts and peace operations
- partners, and dependent children (under 26 years of age) of veterans with issues arising from the veteran's service and war widows/widowers
- ex-partners, within five years of separation
- all sons and daughters of Vietnam veterans, regardless of age, with psychological, emotional and social needs arising from the impact of their parent's operational or warlike service.
- ex-service personnel with a mental health condition as a DVA-accepted disability, and
- current serving members of the ADF who have been formally referred by the ADF under the Strategic Alliance (Memorandum Of Understanding) Fee for Service Arrangement.
There is currently no content classified with this term.