You are here
A prepaid funeral is a funeral purchased in advance. The type and style of funeral is documented in a contract and the funeral is paid for at today's prices. There are no further costs to be paid regardless of when the funeral is required. A prepaid funeral is assessed as an exempt asset and no threshold or limit applies.
- the value of a person's principal home,
- any motor vehicle provided under the Vehicle Assistance Scheme,
- the value of any medal or decoration awarded for valour, other than used as an investment or hobby,
- up to two funeral bonds where the combined amount invested is within the funeral bond threshold,
- a prepaid funeral or cemetery plot
- value of a superannuation fund investment prior to pension age.
For a full legislative definition see section 52 of the VEA.
There is currently no content classified with this term.