You are here
For [glossary:service pension:DEF/Service pension/er/SP] recipients, disability income when calculating the rent assistance reduction amount (as set out in the table in [glossary:SCH6-C13 of the VEA) refers to:
- disability pension (as defined by section 5Q(1) of the VEA) including disability pension paid by foreign governments; and
- weekly permanent impairment compensation payments made under section 68, 71 or 75 of the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004; and
- weekly amounts a person would have been paid if the person had not instead received permanent impairment compensation under section 68, 71 or 75 of the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004 as a lump sum.
Income Support Supplement - paid under Part III of VEA.
Section 118NA of the VEA defines adjusted disability pension as:
- disability pension paid under Parts II or IV of the Veterans' Entitlements Act 1986 (VEA); and
- permanent impairment payments and special rate disability pension paid under the Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2004.
Adjusted disability pension does not include war widow's/widower's pension, or payments made by other governments to compensate for war or service related injuries.
There is currently no content classified with this term.