You are here
Compensation affected component
Under subsection 5NB(1) of the VEA as in force on 9 July 1996, compensation affected component' in relation to an amount of a compensation affected pension that has a dependent child component, means that part of the amount of pension that is not the dependent child component.
According to subsection 5NB(1) of the VEA a compensation affected pension means:
- an invalidity service pension payable to a person who has not reached pension age; or
- a partner service pension payable to a person who has not reached pension age; or
- an income support supplement payable to a person who has not reached qualifying age.
- any additional amount for dependent children or any amount for rent assistance that, in working out the rate of the pension, was added:
- in the case of a service pension-to the person's maximum basic rate MBR , or
- in the case of income support supplement-to the person's provisional rate, or
- if any amount referred to in paragraph (a) was reduced because an income test or asset test was applied in working out the rate of the pension-that amount as so reduced.
There is currently no content classified with this term.