You are here
9.6.3 Authorised Review Officer
184.108.40.206 — If the pensioner is still unhappy with the decision after discussing it with the ODM, he/she may request a review of the decision by an Authorised Review Officer (ARO) within the Department. ARO's are examiners who have had no prior involvement in the case. They look at disputed decisions and may set aside, vary or affirm a decision. The ARO will:
- look at the information used by the person who made the original decision
- where possible, talk to the pensioner, in person or by phone, to discuss the matter
- check whether any new, relevant information is available
- clear up any misunderstandings
- correct any mistakes that were made
- review the original decision; and
- inform the pensioner of the result, explaining the reasons for the decision.
220.127.116.11 — It should be noted that the service DVA provides to age pensioners, is measured against FaCS performance standards. It is critical that DVA achieve the performance standards outlined in the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the DVA and FaCS. This includes the timeliness and accuracy performance standards for processing reviews and appeals. The MoU can be obtained from the CLIK Reference Library under Agreements, Contracts and Memoranda of Understanding.