You are here
4.1 Purpose of Notification
4.1.1 — Obligation notices are issued:
- to ensure that the person is receiving the correct entitlement at the correct rate
- to enable the correct rate of pension to be used when:
- commencing payment of pension
- varying rate of pension payable
- ceasing payment of pension (temporarily or permanently)
- providing or withdrawing fringe benefits and/or treatment entitlement; and
- to ensure pensioners are advised of their rights, as well as their obligations to the Department.
An overpayment arising from an omission or a failure to comply with the notification provisions of the VEA may only be raised if the pensioner has been issued with a valid notice.