You are here
3.3.7 Data Matching
22.214.171.124 — The data matching program involves computerised matching of identity and income data held by various government agencies. Current matching programs include:
- income matching with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO)
- identity matching with the ATO
- Commonwealth superannuation with Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation
- death matching with Registrar General's Offices; and
- payment matching with Centrelink.
In all cases, current records should be updated before any overpayment action is taken.