You are here
2.3.2 Effect on payability
184.108.40.206Schedule 6 VEA lists the steps involved in calculating the amount of income support payment to which a person is entitled. The pension rate may be increased by rent assistance, pharmaceutical allowance or remote area allowance.
220.127.116.11 — Other provisions which may affect a client's rate of payment include the operation of:
- Part IIIC VEA – Compensation Recovery rules
- Part IIIB, Subdivision D VEA – Financial Hardship rules
- Part IIIB, Subdivision E VEA – Pension Loans Scheme
- Part IVA VEA – Advance payments of pension and ISS
or the participation in:
- The New Enterprise Incentive Scheme (NEIS)
- Veterans' Vocational Rehabilitation Scheme (VVRS).
18.104.22.168 — Because allowances constitute a component of the income support payment, loss or change of entitlement to these payments does not constitute loss of basic eligibility, but rather a change to payability.
22.214.171.124 — For example, if a veteran in receipt of service pension with rent assistance ceased to pay rent, or paid rent at a lower rate than previously advised, a change to the rate of pension payable could occur and an overpayment would exist if a retrospective reduction is required.