You are here
11.5.2 Planning checklist for the interview
- What are the issues?
- What are the implications of the issue?
- Do I know what I want from this interview?
- What do I expect will meet the requirements?
- What am I willing to concede?
- What are the time and economic requirements for this interview?
- What evidence is there to support my position?
- How do I present my position to the other party?
- How will they present and support their position?
- What will be/are the differences in the way we view the issues?
- What are the advantages/disadvantages and alternatives to my position?
- What are the advantages/disadvantages and alternatives to the other person's position?
- Who will be present at the interview?
- How will they approach the negotiation?
- When and where will the negotiation take place?
- What power do I have that can be used constructively in the negotiation?
- How can I establish a rapport with the client?
- How can I establish an agreement acceptable to both parties?
- What will be the major points of conflict?
- What concessions am I prepared to make?
- Under what conditions am I prepared to make concessions?
- How will I resolve any conflict?
- How formal must agreement be?
- What approval process is required and how long will it take?
- What implementation steps will be required?