You are here

3.5 Allowances for Tertiary students living away from home (see 3.5 of the Instruments)

Living away from home rates of education allowance may be paid to a student undertaking an approved full-time tertiary or technical and further education course, where the Commission is satisfied that additional expenses are incurred as a result of the student living away from home; and

(a)educational facilities are not readily accessible from the student's place of residence; or

(b)it is a compulsory requirement for the student undertaking an approved course to reside at a hall of residence; or

(c)home conditions provide an inadequate study environment.

Allowances paid under paragraph 3.5.1 shall be payable to the student directly.