You are here
B28/1992 REVISED FORM D2585 - CLAIM BY VETERAN FOR DISABILITY PENSION AND MEDICAL TREATMENT - AND REVISED FORM D2663 - CLAIM FOR PENSION BY A WIDOW(ER) OF A DECEASED VETERAN.
DATE OF ISSUE 30 JUNE 1992
REVISED FORM D2585 - CLAIM BY VETERAN FOR DISABILITY PENSION AND MEDICAL TREATMENT - AND REVISED FORM D2663 - CLAIM FOR PENSION BY A WIDOW(ER) OF A DECEASED VETERAN.
The purpose of this instruction is to advise Branches on the implementation of the revised forms D2585 and D2663 and the procedures to follow in the payment of Local Medical Officers.
1.The revised Form 2585 ( Disability Claim Form or Form Z) is to be implemented prior to 1 July 1992, while the revised Form 2663 (War Widow(er) Claim Form or Form Y) is scheduled for implementation in late July 1992.
2. Attached for information is a copy of the revised Form 2585.
ABSENCE OF DIAGNOSIS
3. A claim is valid if it has been signed by the applicant and has a condition listed in the claimed condition area. If the diagnosis is absent, the claim should be processed normally.
4. You will be advised shortly and separately of a CMS attribute which will need to be set for all claims involving the new forms.
5. Requests for bulk issues of the existing Forms Z and Y should be treated with caution.
6. Each Branch has the responsibility for the protocol of payment to Local Medical Officers and other medical practitioners, however the system must ensure that all claims are serviced quickly.
7.Payment to Local Medical Officers and other medical practitioners will be determined by reference to the appropriate scales in Appendix 5, Part 7 of The Schedule of Fees.
8.The portion of Appendix 5, Part 7 of the Schedule of Feess appropriate to the payment of fees for the supply of clinical notes is shown below for information.
PART 7 FEES FOR MISCELLANEOUS SERVICES
7.1 FEES FOR THE SUPPLY OF CLINICAL NOTES - FORM D2039 (effective 1.12.91)
non VRGP VRGP
7.1.1 For notes which give a statement
of attendance or dianosis only,
or a brief record of one or two
7.1.2 For a statement of attendances and
transcription of notes which may
include specialist reports and
diagnosis, results of x-rays,
pathology tests etc. 35.50 — 39.50
7.1.3 For notes which, in addition to
the information supplied as in
7.1.2., include a summing up of
the case over a period of time
and/or with opinions helpful to
the Department. 54.00 60.00
7.1.4 In exeptional cases, a higher fee may be
payable up to the maximum, where a
practitioner is required to spend considerable
time on research into records of the case and
recording his/her opinion 94.00 104.00
9. It is envisaged that in the majority of cases that the LMO will simply complete the diagnosis section. They will therefor qualify for payment under Section 7.1.1 above.
10. You will shortly be provided with additional advice answering questions commonly asked about the new claim forms.
LMO MAIL OUT
11. A letter will be sent to all LMOs advising of the new claim form.
7. The Benefits Contact Officer for this exercise is
Dr Keith Horsley (MSA) 06 2896329.
National Program Director