You are here
Permanent incapacity, temporary incapacity - 7
- The eligibility criteria for the Special Rate pension and Intermediate Rate pension are identical except for:
- the work hours threshold; and
- the Special Rate requirement that a veteran's incapacity to undertake remunerative work for more than 8 hours is permanent.
- An Intermediate Rate pension can be granted to a veteran who is temporarily incapacitated providing all other criteria are met during the assessment period.
- There is also temporary payment of the Special Rate pension under s 25 of the VEA in cases where the veteran's incapacity due to accepted conditions is temporary and they would otherwise satisfy s 24 of the VEA. See Commission Guideline CM5574.