You are here
5.10.5 Requirement for Active Involvement of Eligible Descendants
In this section
According to subsection 5P(1) of the VEA, an eligible descendant in relation to a person means:
- a child, step child or adopted child of the person or of a partner of the person, or
- a descendant in direct line of a child described above, or
- any other person who, in the opinion of the [glossary:Commission:DEF/Commission/Repatriation Commission], should be treated for the purposes of this definition as a person described in the above paragraph.
- has contributed a significant part of his or her labour to the development of the sugarcane farm; or
- has undertaken educational studies or training in a field that, in the opinion of the Commision, is relevant to the development or management of the sugarcane farm enterprise.