You are here
Applications for Increase in Disability Pension
Why apply for an increase in disability pension
A veteran who is receiving a disability pension as compensation for an incapacity may apply for an increase in the rate of pension on the grounds that the incapacity has increased since the rate of pension was assessed, or last assessed.
Who can lodge and application for an increase in disability pension?
An application for an increase in disability pension may be lodged by:
- a veteran, or
- another person on behalf of, and with the approval of, the veteran, or
- a person approved by Commission where the veteran is unable to approve a person to act on their behalf due to physical or mental incapacity.
Requirements of an application for increase in disability pension
An applicant for an increase in disability pension must provide the following information with their claim:
- information about the treatment the veteran has received for their accepted condition,
- the reasons why the applicant believes their accepted disabilities have worsened,
- a completed Lifestyle Rating options form.