You are here
Inclusion of Obligation Information and Income & Assets Details
Commission's policy on communicating with the veteran community
The Commission[glossary:'s:] communication strategy aims to:
- enhance understanding within the veteran community of their rights, benefits and obligations,
- assist pensioners to comply with their obligations,
- discourage unnecessary pensioner initiated reviews,
- minimise intrusion whilst providing ease of access to information,
- reduce the frequency and volume of obligation and income/asset information sent to pensioners, and
- promote the booklet, You and Your Pension as a method for communicating obligation information.
When are full recorded income and assets details issued?
The Commission's policy is that full recorded income and assets details are provided to:
- all pensioners at grant,
- reduced rate pensioners at a minimum interval of once every 2 years (issued with the June advices),
- all pensioners following full departmental review, and
- reduced rate pensioners affected by a global reassessment of managed investment and share assets values.
Circumstances where full recorded income and assets details are not issued
Full recorded income and assets details are not normally issued:
- to pensioners receiving the maximum rate,
- following a pensioner initiated review (PIR), or
- following a departmental initiated action (DIA).