You are here
Service with the Australian Defence Force
- A Veteran of the Australian Defence Force must have served in one of the following conflicts or operational areas (specified in Schedule 2 of the VEA).
Operational service for SP and DP purposes:
- World War1
- World War 2
- Federation of Malaya & Singapore
- Malay/Thai Border
- Malaysia, Singapore & Brunei
- the Gulf
- the former Yugoslavia More ?
- East Timor
- Sierra Leone
Non-operational service for DP purposes only:
- service with a designated peacekeeping force
- appropriate defence force service
- non operational service during WW1 and WW2
The Australian Defence Force includes:
- Australian Army
- Royal Australian Navy (RAN)
- Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF)
An operational area is an area specified in Column 1 for the period specified in Column 2 of Schedule 2 of the VEA to which a unit or individual have been allotted or deemed allotted for duty.
Veterans' Entitlements Act 1986.