You are here
Hodgkin's Lymphoma B006
In this section
Current RMA Instruments:
|Reasonable Hypothesis SOP||35 of 2014|
|Balance of Probabilities SOP||36 of 2014|
Changes from Previous Instruments:
- ICD-9-CM Codes: 201
- ICD-10-AM Codes: C81
This is a malignant neoplasm of the lymph nodes and of lymphoid tissue. This neoplasm has arisen from B lymphocytes but has a special type of cell called a Reed-Sternberg cell. This neoplasm principally causes a space occupying lesion effect.
Is specific diagnostic evidence required to apply the SOP? – No.
Diagnosis is made by an oncologist based on histopathology of the lymph nodes or lymphoid tissue.
Are there sub-factors that require specific information? – No.
Additional diagnoses covered by SOP
- Hodgkin’s disease
- Hodgkin lymphoma
Conditions excluded from SOP
- Burkitt’s lymphoma, ICD-9-CM code 200.2
- Chronic lymphoid leukaemia, ICD-9-CM code 204.1
- Hairy cell leukaemia, ICD-9-CM code 202.4
- Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma ICD-9-CM code 200.0, 200.1, 200.8, 202.0-202.2, 202.8
- Plasma call malignancy, ICD-9-CM code 203.0
If, after applying the above information, you are unable to confirm the diagnosis, you should then seek medical officer advice about further investigation.