You are here
Neoplasm of the Pituitary Gland B059
Current RMA Instruments:
|Reasonable Hypothesis SOP||53 of 2015|
|Balance of Probabilities SOP||54 of 2015|
Changes from Previous Instruments:
- ICD-9-CM Codes: 194.30, 227.30, 237.00
- ICD-10-AM Codes: C75.1, D35.2, D44.3
Confirming the diagnosis:
Tumours can be identified on MRI or CT scanning, but confirmation requires histological examination from excision or biopsy of the tumour. Hormone levels (from blood testing) can give an indication of the tumour type.
The relevant medical specialist is a neurosurgeon or endocrinologist.
Additional diagnoses covered by these SOPs:
- Pituitary adenoma
Conditions excluded from these SOPs: [Other SOP for that condition]
- Carcinoid of pituitary Non-SOP
- Craniopharyngioma Non-SOP
- Hodgkin’s lymphoma of pituitary Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma of the pituitary Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Secondary neoplasm of the pituitary SOP for primary cancer site
- Soft tissue sarcoma of the pituitary Soft tissue sarcoma
Further notes and comments
There is a SOP factor for “ACTH secreting pituitary adenomas only”, so information on the specific hormonal type will be required if that factor may be relevant.