You are here
Malignant Neoplasm of the Ovary B023
Current RMA Instruments:
|Consolidated RH SOP||70 of 2009 as amended by 61 0f 2011|
|Consolidated BOP SOP||71 of 2009 as amended by 62 of 2011|
Changes from Previous Instruments:
- ICD-9-CM Codes: 183.0,236.2
- ICD-10-AM Codes: C56, D39.1
Is specific diagnostic evidence required to apply the SOP? – Yes.
This diagnosis requires histological evidence.
Are there sub-factors that require specific information? – Yes.
There are factors (smoking and HRT) that apply only to certain histological types.
Additional diagnoses covered by SOP
- Carcinoma-in-situ of the ovary
- Epithelial cell cancer of the ovary
- Germ cell cancer of the ovary
- Neoplasm of the ovary with borderline potential
- Stromal cell cancer of the ovary
Conditions excluded from SOP
- Benign neoplasm of the ovary, ICD-9 code 220
- Carcinoid tumour of the ovary
- Hodgkin's lymphoma of the ovary, ICD-9 code 201.9
- non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of the ovary, ICD-9 code 202.8
- soft tissue sarcoma of the breast, ICD-9 code 171.8
- Secondary neoplasm of the ovary, code to primary site (commonly from sites such as breast, colon, gastric and pancreatic malignant neoplasms)
If, after applying the above information, you are unable to confirm the diagnosis, you should then seek medical officer advice about further investigation.