You are here
Dental Malocclusion F053
Current RMA Instruments:
|Reasonable Hypothesis SOP||17 of 2011|
|Balance of Probabilities SOP||18 of 2011|
Changes from Previous Instruments:
- ICD-9-CM Codes: 524.2,524.4
- ICD-10-AM Codes: K07.2, K07.4
Dental malocclusion is acquired misalignment of contact between the upper and lower teeth sufficient to create problems and warrant treatment.
Is specific diagnostic evidence required to apply the SOP? – No.
Are there sub-factors that require specific information? – No.
Additional diagnoses covered by SOP
If, after applying the above information, you are unable to confirm the diagnosis, you should then:
- seek medical officer advice about further investigation, or;
- generate a diagnostic report, or;
- re-encode the condition, if appropriate.
The following investigations may be useful in establishing the diagnosis.
- Report from treating dentist