You are here
Dementia Pugilistica F057
Current RMA Instruments:
|Reasonable Hypothesis SOP||11 of 2012|
|Balance of Probabilities SOP||12 of 2012|
Changes from Previous Instruments:
- ICD-9-CM Codes: 294.1
- ICD-10-AM Codes: F02.8
Is specific diagnostic evidence required to apply the SOP? – No.
However, this diagnosis should preferably be confirmed by a specialist neurologist.
Are there sub-factors that require specific information? – No.
Additional diagnoses covered by SOP
- "slap-happy syndrome"
- "punch drunk syndrome"
- chronic progressive traumatic encephalopathy of boxers
Conditions not covered by SOP
- Any type of dementia other than dementia pugilistica
- Parkinsonism, ICD code 332.0, 332.1
If, after applying the above information, you are unable to confirm the diagnosis, you should then:
- seek medical officer advice about further investigation, or;
- re-encode the condition, if appropriate.
The following investigations may be useful in establishing the diagnosis.
- A report from a neurologist