You are here
Chronic venous insufficiency of the lower limb G045
Current RMA Instruments:
|Reasonable Hypothesis SOP||29 of 2012|
|Balance of Probabilities SOP||30 of 2012|
Changes from Previous Instruments:
- ICD-9-CM Codes: 459.1.459.81
- ICD-10-AM Codes: I87, I87.2
This SOP covers swelling, skin changes, ulcers and lipodermatosclerosis of the lower limbs due to impairment of venous blood flow.
Is specific diagnostic evidence required to apply the SOP? – No.
Are there sub-factors that require specific information? – No.
Additional diagnoses covered by SOP
- Venous eczema of the lower limb
- Venous ulcer of the lower limb
Conditions not covered by SOP
- Deep vein thrombosis, ICD code 453.8
- Varicose veins, ICD code 454
If, after applying the above information, you are unable to confirm the diagnosis, you should then:
- seek medical officer advice about further investigation, or;
- re-encode the condition, if appropriate.
The following investigations may be useful in establishing the diagnosis.
- Report from treating doctor.