You are here
Chronic Pancreatitis J015
In this section
Current RMA Instruments:
|Reasonable Hypothesis SOP||104 of 2011|
|Balance of Probabilities SOP||105 of 2011|
Changes from Previous Instruments:
- ICD-9-CM Codes: 577.1, 577.8
- ICD-10-AM Codes: K86.0, K86.1
Is specific diagnostic evidence required to apply the SOP? – No.
Are there sub-factors that require specific information? – No.
Additional diagnoses covered by SOP
- Acute on chronic pancreatitis
Conditions not covered by SOP
- Acute pancreatitis, ICD code 577.0
- Pancreatic cyst, ICD code 577.2
- Pancreatic pseudocyst, ICD code 577.2
- Recurrent acute pancreatitis, ICD code 577.0
If, after applying the above information, you are unable to confirm the diagnosis, you should then:
- seek medical officer advice about further investigation, or;
- generate a diagnostic report, or;
- re-encode the condition, if appropriate.
The following investigations may be useful in establishing the diagnosis.
- Report from a physician or gastroenterologist
- Abdominal X-ray or CT scan showing calcification in the pancreas.