You are here
In this section
Current RMA Instruments:
|Reasonable Hypothesis SOP||17 of 2012|
|Balance of Probabilities SOP||18 of 2012|
Changes from Previous Instruments:
- ICD-9-CM Codes: 706.11
- ICD-10-AM Codes: L70.8
Chloracne is an acne-like skin condition associated with (usually heavy) exposure to dioxins or other aromatic hydrocarbons.
Is specific diagnostic evidence required to apply the SOP? – No.
Are there sub-factors that require specific information? – No.
Additional diagnoses covered by SOP
Conditions not covered by SOP
- Acne, ICD code 706.19
- Acne vulgaris, ICD code 706.19
- Cystic acne, ICD code 706.19
If, after applying the above information, you are unable to confirm the diagnosis, you should then:
- seek medical officer advice about further investigation, or;
- generate a diagnostic report, or;
- re-encode the condition, if appropriate.
The following investigations may be useful in establishing the diagnosis.
- Report from dermatologist