You are here
In this section
Current RMA Instruments:
|Reasonable Hypothesis SOP||63 of 2010|
|Balance of Probabilities SOP||64 of 2010|
Changes from Previous Instruments:
- ICD-9-CM Codes: 373.0
- CD-10-AM Codes: H01.0
Blepharitis means inflammation of the eyelid margins (where the eyelashes insert).
Is specific diagnostic evidence required to apply either SOP? – No.
Are there sub-factors that require specific information? – No.
Additional diagnoses covered by SOP
- Acute blepharitis
- Chronic blepharitis
Conditions not covered by SOP
- Meibomian cyst, ICD code 373.2
- Conjunctivitis, ICD codes 370.3, 370.4, 372.0-372.3, 077
If, after applying the above information, you are unable to confirm the diagnosis, you should then:
- seek medical officer advice about further investigation, or;
- generate a diagnostic report, or;
- re-encode the condition, if appropriate.
The following may be useful in establishing the diagnosis:
- Report from treating doctor