You are here
Aortic Stenosis G004
In this section
Current RMA Instruments:
|Reasonable Hypothesis||21 of 2013|
|Balance of Probabilities||22 of 2013|
Changes from Previous Instruments:
- ICD-9-CM Codes: 424.1
- ICD-10-AM Codes: I35.0, I35.2
Is specific diagnostic evidence required to apply the SOP? – No.
But note that aortic stenosis due to rheumatic fever is covered by the SOP for rheumatic heart disease (use ICD code 395.0).
Are there sub-factors that require specific information? – No.
Additional diagnoses covered by SOP
Conditions not covered by SOP
- Aortic incompetence, ICD code 424.99
- Aortic regurgitation, ICD code 424.99
- Aortic sclerosis, ICD code 424.99
- Aortic stenosis due to rheumatic fever, ICD code 395.0
- Aortic valve calcification without valve obstruction, ICD code 424.99
- Hypertrophic subaortic stenosis, ICD code 425.1
If, after applying the above information, you are unable to confirm the diagnosis, you should then:
- seek medical officer advice about further investigation, or;
- generate a diagnostic report, or;
- re-encode the condition, if appropriate.
The following investigations may be useful in establishing the diagnosis.
- Report of echocardiogram
- Report from cardiologist