You are here
Anal Fissure J006
In this section
Current RMA Instruments:
Changes from Previous Instruments:
- ICD-9-CM Codes: 565.0
- ICD-10-AM Codes: K60.0, K60.2
"Anal fissure" means a split in the skin of the distal anal canal.
Is specific diagnostic evidence required to apply the SOP? - No.
Are there sub-factors that require specific diagnostic information? - No.
Diagnoses covered by SOP
Conditions excluded from SOP
- Anal fistula, ICD code 565.1
- Anal abscess, ICD code 566
If, after applying the above information, you are unable to confirm the diagnosis, you should then:
- seek medical officer advice about further investigation, or;
- generate a diagnostic report, or;
- re-encode the condition, if appropriate.
The following investigations may be useful in establishing the diagnosis:
- Report from treating doctor