You are here
Adhesive Capsulitis of the Shoulder N010
In this section
Current RMA Instruments:
|Reasonable Hypothesis SOP||7 of 2012|
|Balance of Probabilities SOP||8 of 2012|
Changes from Previous Instruments:
- ICD-9-CM Codes: 726.0
- ICD-10-AM Codes: M75.0
Adhesive capsulitis involves painful, progressive loss of shoulder movement, with partial or complete resolution over months or years.
Is specific diagnostic evidence required to apply the SOP? – No.
Are there sub-factors that require specific information? – No.
Additional diagnoses covered by SOP
- Frozen shoulder
Conditions not covered by SOP
- Rotator cuff syndrome, ICD code 726.10
If, after applying the above information, you are unable to confirm the diagnosis, you should then:
- seek medical officer advice about further investigation, or;
- generate a diagnostic report, or;
- re-encode the condition, if appropriate.
The following investigations may be useful in establishing the diagnosis.
- Report from an orthopaedic surgeon or rheumatologist