You are here
Adenocarcinoma of the Kidney B012
In this section
Current RMA Instruments:
|Reasonable Hypothesis||9 of 2013|
|Balance of Probabilities||10 of 2013|
Changes from Previous Instruments:
- ICD-9-CM Codes: 189.0
- ICD-10-AM Codes: C64
This SOP covers adenocarcinoma of the body of the kidney, but not of the pelvis of the kidney (the collection and drainage part). Almost all cancers of the body of the kidney in adults are adenocarcinomas.
Is specific diagnostic evidence required to apply the SOP? – No.
Are there sub-factors that require specific information? – No.
Additional diagnoses covered by SOP
- Clear cell carcinoma of the kidney
- Renal cell carcinoma
Conditions not covered by SOP
- Malignant neoplasm of the renal pelvis and renal calyces, ICD code 189.1
- Hodgkin's lymphoma of the kidney, ICD code 201.9
- non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of the kidney, ICD code 202.8
- soft tissue sarcoma of the kidney, ICD code 171.8
If, after applying the above information, you are unable to confirm the diagnosis, you should then:
- seek medical officer advice about further investigation, or;
- generate a diagnostic report, or;
- re-encode the condition, if appropriate.
The following investigations may be useful in establishing the diagnosis.
- Histology report