You are here
Acoustic Neuroma B057
Current RMA Instruments:
|Reasonable Hypothesis||29 of 2011|
|Balance of Probabilities||30 of 2011|
Changes from Previous Instruments:
- ICD-9-CM Codes: 225.1
- CD-10-AM Codes: D33.3
Acoustic neuroma is a benign tumour affecting the nerve to the ear.
Is specific diagnostic evidence required to apply the SOP? – No.
Are there sub-factors that require specific information? – No.
Additional diagnoses covered by SOP
- Vestibular schwannoma
Conditions not covered by SOP
- Acoustic neuroma associated with neurofibromatosis, ICD code 237.72
If, after applying the above information, you are unable to confirm the diagnosis, you should then:
- seek medical officer advice about further investigation, or;
- generate a diagnostic report, or;
- re-encode the condition, if appropriate.
The following investigations may be useful in establishing the diagnosis.
- Report from treating doctor
- Report of CT or MRI scan of the head
- Report of brainstem auditory evoked response test