You are here
Accommodation Disorder F048
In this section
Current RMA Instruments:
|Reasonable Hypothesis SOP||5 of 2009|
|Balance of Probabilities SOP||6 of 2009|
Changes from Previous Instruments:
- ICD-10-AM: H52.5
- ICD-9-CM: 367.5,367.89
In accommodation disorder the oculomotor nerve to the eye is impaired, affecting the ability to change the shape of the lens of the eye and to focus on objects at different distances.
Is specific diagnostic evidence required to apply the SOP? – No.
Are there sub-factors that require specific information? – No.
Additional diagnoses covered by SOP
Conditions not covered by SOP
- astigmatism, ICD code 367.2
- cataract, ICD code 366.10
- hypermetropia, ICD code 367.0
- myopia, ICD code 367.1
- presbyopia, ICD code 367.4
If, after applying the above information, you are unable to confirm the diagnosis, you should then:
- seek medical officer advice about further investigation, or;
- generate a diagnostic report, or;
- re-encode the condition, if appropriate.
The following investigations may be useful in establishing the diagnosis.
- Report from ophthalmologist