You are here
Accidental Hypothermia S010
Current RMA Instruments:
|Reasonable Hypothesis SOP||17 of 2010|
|Balance of Probabilities SOP||18 of 2010|
Changes from Previous Instruments:
- ICD-10-AM: T68
- ICD-9-CM: 991.6
Is specific diagnostic evidence required to apply the SOP? – No.
Are there sub-factors that require specific information? – No.
Additional diagnoses covered by SOP
Conditions not covered by SOP
- Hypothermia due to anaesthesia, ICD code 995.89
- Induced hypothermia, ICD code 780.9
If, after applying the above information, you are unable to confirm the diagnosis, you should then:
- seek medical officer advice about further investigation, or;
- generate a diagnostic report, or;
- re-encode the condition, if appropriate.
The following investigations may be useful in establishing the diagnosis.
- Report from treating doctor